The First step is to configure the Menu and select the header layout for your site, see the below screenshot that explains a bit on how to enable the menu in the header.
More on Header Layouts in the following video -> CLICK HERE
Once you are through with these settings, you can work on creating your own Mega Menu for individual menu items. The structure of the main level menu items will be the structure of your Joomla menu and by default, all submenu items are automatically displayed as dropdown menu items.
To create a Mega Menu for any menu item, choose the Menu and then the menu item for which you’d like to set up the Mega Menu.
After choosing the desired menu item, navigate to the Astroid Menu Options tab there.
1. Enable or Disable Mega Menu for this Menu item.
The content can be:
2. Enable or Disable Icon only if you’d like the menu item to display only as Icon, Your menu item would look something like this (home icon on the left)
3. Add a subtitle for your menu item. Your menu item would look something like this:
4. Choose an icon for the menu item from the given list of font-awesome Icons available in Astroid. By default, the icons appear to the left of the menu item text.
5. Add a custom class for providing custom styling to the menu item.
6. Choose the width of the Mega menu dropdown for your menu item.
7. Choose the alignment for the opening & closing of the dropdown (left, center or right). You can select Container to make it the full width of your container and Full to have its edge to edge.
8. Enable an additional Badge on your Menu item, you can see the Hot badge in the following picture. You have the ability to configure the text, text color and background color of the badge